International Journal of Academic Research and Development

International Journal of Academic Research and Development


International Journal of Academic Research and Development
International Journal of Academic Research and Development
Vol. 4, Issue 2 (2019)

Performance of broiler feed with different levels of fresh Saluyot (Corchorus olitorius) Leaves as feed substitute


Roselyn G Glimer, Sarah Jean Palomar, Den Gimeno

This study was conducted on March 15, 2018 to April 21, 2018 at Carida, Tapaz, Capiz; to find out the performance of broilers feed with different levels of fresh Corchorus leaves as feed substitute and to determine which levels of fresh Corchorus leaves contributed the best result in terms of feed consumption, gain in weight, feed conversion ratio of broilers and return on investment. The study was conducted in Completely Randomized Design (CRD).The experimental treatments were the following; treatment A-100% pure commercial feed (control), Treatment B- 10% fresh Corchorus leaves +90% CF, Treatment C-15% fresh Corchorus leaves 85%, Treatment CF D-20% fresh Corchorus leaves + 80% CF. All treatments were replicated four times. All data gathered were analyzed by the Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), using F- test and were interpreted at 5% level of significance. The study revealed that the different levels of fresh Corchorus leaves as feed substitute to broilers did not significantly affect in terms of feed consumption, gain in weight, and feed conversion ratio. However, in terms of return on investment, birds given with 10% fresh Corchorus leaves + 90% CF obtained the highest Return on Investment (ROI) among all other treatments.
Pages : 60-63 | 1346 Views | 1026 Downloads